Oh Dane Cook, you made us laugh so hard for about two years. Good times.
But honestly, what just happened? I’m now waking up on Tuesday to sift through the wreckage that is week 15 of the fantasy football season. Lets just name a few of the crazy things that I can remember off the top of my head.
1. The Lions won a road game! Nuts I know, but we now have a winning streak and have gotten two monkeys off our back in two straight weeks. First getting a division win against the Pack and second getting our first road victory since I was twelve. Well maybe not that long ago but it feels that way.
2. Freaking DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick. They are ridiculous. And the fact that DeSean hadn’t returned a punt the entire game till that moment is so fantastic. What great television the NFL is. I gotta watch the replay of this game!
3. Backup QB’s dropping bombs! Matt Flynn, Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow all make the top 10 in scoring for QB’s. And I had to start Matt Hasselbeck, in what seemed like a decent matchup at home. Geeeeeeezus.
4. Did I mention the Lions won?
5. Donald Brown breaking loose for a career game. Just when the Colts needed a running game, they found it. Good timing and I wouldn’t want to play them in the first round.
6. Brett Favre starts and Adrian (Evidently Not All Day) Peterson sits? Are you kidding. I don’t own AP but he probably screwed an entire Nation of Fantasy Managers.
7. Jay Cutler in what seemed like a terrible matchup looked fantastic. He was making some incredible throws. And that Bears D, is looking really strong. Just forget about what Tom Brady did to them… it’s Tom Brady.
8. Dan Carpenter, who is getting started in most leagues, misses on 4 field goals. Why now Carpenter? Why?
9. Bowe even with Cassel back was atrocious. It was a nice ride for Bowe owners and you probably played him. You had too, it’s not your fault. Blame Bowe. It will make you feel better.
Well, that’s just a few of the things I took away from this weekend. I know we missed a few. Help me out and remind all of us what other great stories week 15 gave us.