Ok, some of these guys you’ve heard of and some you might not of. After this week, it’s probable that someone in your league will have picked them up hoping to strike it rich for a week. So get out those shovels and start digging. It’s getting deeper into the season and it’s crunch time!
1. Jacoby Ford: Anyone watching the Oakland vs. Kansas City game saw the coming out of Jacoby Ford. He single handedly gave the Raiders the win. Not just his 90+ yard kick return for a TD but multiple big catches to set up the tieing and game winning scores. He only had 4 catches leading up to this game and ended with 6 on the day. What does this mean for fantasy? I guess not too much unless you can stash him on your bench. He is on bye this week and it seems like, every week the Raiders have one WR turning in big numbers. Maybe he’ll be THE GUY, but don’t bet too much on it.
2. David Garrard: Now here is a pick up! I’m going after him in multiple leagues so don’t go messing this one up David. He’s coming off his best performance of the year against he woeful Cowboys and had two weeks to prepare for his upcoming match against the worst passing defense in the league. The Houston Texans.
3. Nate Burleson: With Megatron on Revis Island this past week, Nate saw a lot of work. Johnson will go back to being the star this week but Nate has been real solid since coming back off the injury list. He should be a very nice flex play in all PPR formats.
4. Shaun Hill/Drew Stanton: With Stafford gone for the year (I’m crying a little) Hill or Stanton could put up nice numbers going forward. The Lions have a dynamic offense so whoever gets the start is worth something. I would much rather have Hill but Stanton has show signs of competency this year and has added value with his scrambling ability.
5. Seyi Ajirotutu: Philip Rivers has to pass to somebody and this guy was a star this past week. He had a huge game but knowing Floyd, Nannee, and Gates are all expected back soon makes Seyi’s value minimal. Only for a deep league should Seyi be targeted.
6. Blair White: Here he is again. But now he’s definitely going to get some targets. Anthony Gonzalez is on IR and Collie took a nasty hit against the Eagles. So look for White to start in the slot this week. And anybody starting on a team with Peyton is worth owning.
7. Willis McGahee: He’s probably owned in all deep leagues but he should also be picked up in standard 10 team leagues also. He’s getting just enough work to warrant flex play in all formats.
8. Clinton Portis/Keiland Williams: Torrain hurt his hamstring vs the Lions in week 8 and given two weeks to recover with the bye, he might be ok. For Torrain owners, I would pick up Williams first as he would most likely get the start if Torrain is out this week.
9. Mike Goodson: My goodness, the Panthers are in all sorts of trouble. Stewart goes out with a concussion and then backup Sutton goes down. Looks like Mike Goodson is the last man standing. I have liked him all year even making a start call on him a couple weeks ago. If given the start, I believe he might put up decent numbers. Teams won’t stack the line to stop him so his terrible O’Line might actually free up a lane.
So go snatch these guys up and don’t forget subscribe to this fantasy gold!