It’s now official. 99% of leagues are now into the playoffs. Crongrats! So here is another list chock-full of guys that are going to try really hard to show that they aren’t just one-hit-wonders of the gridiron. Play close attention, as one or two of these guys may be exactly what your team needs.
1. Owen Daniels: I hate to put him here since he’s been terrible but he did get double-digit targets this past week. It also helped that the Texans were playing catchup the entire game. Plus he lost me a bet, dang you Daniels!
2. Mike Goodson/Jonathan Stewart: The Carolina Panthers may not be committed to winning but they sure have found their stride at running. Where was this O-Line at the beginning of the year? Deangelo Williams is asking himself the same question. Both of these guys are getting it done and should be owned.
3. Ryan Torrain: Did you see his stat line from the first quarter! He was ridiculous. And the Redskins still find a way to lose. Sorry Mathew Berry.
4. Jahvid Best: Ok, so he has been bad but he did get 13 carries against the Packers in a close game. And he has the Bucs this week. Don’t expect too much, but if you are in a PPR league and desperate, I might take a shot.
5. Tim Hightower: It’s obvious that the Cardinals feel he is the better all-round back. And he should see double-digit carries the rest of the way. Probably a deep league RB3. He used to be a decent PPR flex but hasn’t seen many balls through the air this year.
6. David Buehler: Now I wouldn’t normally put kickers here but it’s the playoffs any help is good… eh, he’s a darn kicker. He has two good match-ups with the Redskins and Cardinals.
7. Old Man Derick Mason: In three games this year that he has seen double-digit targets, he has been superb. And this week could be a shootout with the Saints. If by chance, he’s available, I go snatch him up.
8. Alex Smith: He looked really good against the Seahawks. But has the Chargers this week. Look for him to be on the pickups for week 16 with the Rams and Cardinals on the slate to close out the season.
9. Kerry Collins: I put a second QB here because there are a lot of Kyle Orton owners not sure what to do with him. I’m in a 16 team salary keeper league and Orton has gotten me to the playoffs. But we start 1 QB and all teams must carry two on their roster. Because of salary cap issues, most teams only have one decent QB. My dilemma is dropping Orton in favor of Collins. I think it’s time, thank you Kyle for a mostly great season but it’s the playoffs. And Kerry just has a tasty matchup with the Texans. Sorry.
10. Kellogg’s Raisin Bran Crunch: Possibly my new favorite cereal. It is just delicious.